Monday, September 7, 2009

Trader Joe's chocolate soufflés

A stop at my local TJ's had me browsing the dessert section and to my surprise saw ready to bake soufflés in their own ceramic ramekins. Forget trying to seperate the whites, get them airy and gently fold them into the mixture. Plus at less than $6 (what!) for the two, that price point was the cherry on top or should I say, the whipped cream on the soufflé.



No more worrying about gently folding those whites into the chocolate.


Popped into the hot oven for about 20 minutes and I'd say they turned out okay. Not as puffed up or fluffy as restaurant quality soufflés go but not bad at all. The portions were just right for the two of us without have to overindulge and they were tasty.




xoxo

1 comment:

EatTravelEat said...

Ceramic ramekins too? Wow! That basically is 4 dollars cut down from the price. What a steal then. And it looks nice too :).

Have a TJ's post coming up soon when I have time to write about it!