Sunday, February 1, 2009

Oh how time flies by...



I've been slacking off.

I know.

I've been lazy.

I know.

Christmas past and the new year is here.

I know.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No? Not working for you? Not hearing it?


But if ever you wanted to hear my excuse it's that I've had my baby.



He's here and he's perfect.


The moment I felt my first contractions to the time monkey was born I have been in active labor for a total of 36 hours.
Crazy huh.


Our little guy was born on December 17th at 4:33pm weighing in at 7 lbs. 9 oz and at 21 inches long. What a tall monkey!



Here he is at just a couple of weeks old.



It's been about 6 weeks since giving birth to him.



My how they grow up so fast.



Parenthood has challenged us. I knew that my whole life would change overnight but babies don't come with manuals and alot of what we do now, and how we tackle obstacles if they arise have been through trial and error.
He has always been a good baby only crying when he's hungry, sleepy or wet. We're one of the lucky ones not having a colicky little guy.
So for those few weeks we've been sleep deprived, barely eating, seeing little of the sun, getting a bit of fresh air but most of all commiting all of us to the healthy and happy development of our monkey.

Things have gotten much better. We've developed some sort of a routine, especially with sleep. Monkey now sleeps for 3-4 hours at a time and gets up only a couple of times at night. This makes mommy and daddy very happy! He's begun to coo and gurgle and just last week has begun to drool and blow bubbles.

The baby boards have been a wealth of knowledge for me when I have questions or concerns about anything developmental with monkey or myself. Alongside with the additional website to my growing list I've still continued to keep up with my stack of usuals. Which brings me back to my own blog and my negligeance.

So since our monkey is on the roll to predictability I will certainly try to keep up with my daily posting of daily donato.


Later this afternoon will be another good opportunity to continue onward as today is Super Bowl Sunday. I'm taking my first attempt post pregnancy and hitting the kitchen with my culinary skills (or lack thereof). I have a delish menu planned for us to enjoy while we watch the game and I may even have my first glass of wine with dinner.


xoxo

No comments: