Sunday, January 17, 2010

Three day weekend. Sunday, day one.

Yesterday for most would've been day one of their three day weekend but for me Sunday takes that mark. I wanted to take this time to make the most of this extended weekend by doing a lot of what I had been pushing back to do, or evn visit places that I've wanted to see. That is until an unwanted visitor came to pay me a visit.

Yesterday at work I began feeling the effects of an oncoming cold and as the day progressed began feeling worse and worse by the minute. This morning I felt like a truck hit me; head pressure and congestion, watery and itchy eyes, runny nose, chills, and hot flashes. What a way to start my weekend. It just goes to show you can't really plan for things and have to just roll with the punches.

Corporate america has asked me to work tomorrow (just a half day with double and a half pay) so I'm praying for a better day where I can function and be productive. The weather man calls for rain these next few days so that news limits us to what we can do and where we can go. Who knows, maybe its gods way of telling me to just relax at home and take it easy, to enjoy the simple things in life, like a quiet evening with the fireplace lit, a glass of wine in hand while listening to the sounds of raindrops against your window.

Hope your MLK weekend is treating you well.

Thanks for your readership!


Xoxo

No comments: