Monday, September 22, 2008

Woo Woo Hee

Jesus. I'm hitting my 28th week of pregnancy and it's finally caught up to me. All those tidbits, bodily changes, and "what-to-expect" guide is no joke. Last week I've been feeling shortness of breath but this afternoon it's getting to be a struggle.

So along with inabilities to take in a full breath I should be joyous to welcome swollen feet and ankles, lower abdominal pain, hemorrhoids, vericose veins, heartburn and indigestion says all the pregnancy websites and guides. Who welcomed these uninvited guests to my pregnancy party?

I have the third installation of my Lamaze class tonight and we're covering 7-10cm breathing techniques. Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to mimic steadily rhythmic breathing tonight? Out of your mind!

Last weeks session was heaven as our support couch, in my case my husband, learned relaxation techniques (massages) to ease our discomfort during the first stages of labor. Can't we have a repeat of that curriculum instead?

xoxo

No comments: