Wednesday, August 5, 2009

4th of July weekend- Part 2

I love entertaining. I'm all over any occassion that allows me to plan a menu, prep a meal, shine off the silverware and bar accessories and host my guests. I get giddy thinking about what ingredients are in season, keeping in mind my guests preferences and hopeful welcome of the day's dishes. I almost always get overzealous and make more food than needed. Portion control is not one of my strong points. Besides my mother always said, "Better to have left-over's than to run out of food."

My siblings had come in from San Diego and were staying with us for a week with the weekend intermingling with the 4th of July holiday and my sister's birthday. Double prizes!!! Since we were expecting additional guests I had to make something not only delicious but easy, plentiful of course and festive.

Menu:

-Haricots verts and cherry tomatoes salad with lemon vinaigrette over crispy shallots
-Ribeye and veggie kabobs in a thick sweet soy glaze
-Grilled pork belly
-Lemon pepper shrimp skewers
-Grilled summer sweet corn
-Vanilla pound cake with whipped cream and fresh berries









The evening went on I'd like to say without a hitch, but we topped off the night with a light show for nugget and full bellies.








xoxo

No comments: