Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pasadena farmer's market

A couple of weeks ago while husby was out working the 12 hour shift at the hospital my lil peanut, my mother-in-law, and I went down the street to our local farmer's market.

Here's peanut enjoying the sun and cool breeze.



The Pasadena farmer's market, frequented by Jonathan Gold himself and located next to Pasadena High School, is held every Saturday morning till noon and was buzzing. The weather had been overcast and even rained a couple of days throughout the week but the weather was absolutely beautiful and even more so was the produce and fresh made goods.



The famous Breadman still had some of his heavenly bagettes. He must have made extra because he still had plenty at 10am.









There are also several entertainers from a saxaphonist, a children's drum circle, to a blind elder man singing beautiful mexican songs. He by far was my favorite and reminded me of my father who would always sing old mexican songs reminded by his childhood. I remember hearing it throughout our home when I was younger myself. I miss my papa.





Here's my MIL and nugget. I stopped to take this picture because he was so talkative. Here's capturing a moment during their conversation with one another.



At the end of our visit we left with sampling some staple items, purchasing a couple of leeks, a basket of oyster mushrooms, and strawberries.

Pasadena Farmer's market
N Sierra Madre Blvd & Paloma St
Pasadena, CA 91199

(626) 449-0179



xoxo

No comments: