Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lucky Baldwin's 10th Annual Belgium Beer Festival

"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." - Homer Simpson




Sound the alarm!

This is going to be fun.
Our local pub, Lucky Baldwin's, will be holding it's 10th annual Belgium Beer Festival between February 14 thru March 1 with a second festival in the summer.

I haven't had a sip of beer or wine for well over a year. This is going to be the perfect place to have my first glass, or goblet.
Normally I would start with my tried and true beers, those that have stuck with me through it all and gradually work my way up from a lighter beer and ending with a nice and hearty stout or draught. You can bet my husby will be downing the draughts. But considering I haven't had a drop of alcohol in my system there are a few things I have to take into consideration.

1. I haven't had a drop of alcohol in my body for over a year. Which means I can't go crazy like a fat kid trapped in a bakery or else I'll end up being the mother dancing atop the tables or the lady stumbling over her left foot on the way out the door. Oh my.

2. I'm still breastfeeding which means I can only have one beer every two hours. This will be me and husby's first outing so we'll probably be out 3-4 hours tops. That brings my number of drinks down to 2. Hmph.
(Did that make me sound like an alcoholic?)


Going back to #1 I will likely hold down one beer. So with all of that said I've narrowed it down to one beer.


Chimay.


MMMmmm. Trust me I had a hard time narrowing it down and was juggling between Abbey Beer or Trappists'. I figured all the hard work and tight regulations that Chimay offers not to forget that it's brewed by monks (Yes, monks!), makes my first sip that much more special.


All this talk of beer had me browsing the net. This would make a great Valentine's day present.


Now my next decision is which label I want to sip. Red, Blue or White???




Lucky Baldwin's Pub
17 South Raymond Avenue
Pasadena CA 91105

No comments: